Video produced by Dwayne Mims.
United Methodist Men shall be a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually, and to seek daily His will. Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
The major concerns are:
- To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of The United Methodist Church
- To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel in its personal and social dimensions
- To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society
- To seek commitment to discipleship
- To study and become familiar with The United Methodist Church, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs
- To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdictional, and church-wide goals
Men seeking membership in a local United Methodist Men’s Fellowship shall subscribe to the “Purpose” of United Methodist Men and to these personal objectives:
- Engage daily in Bible study and prayer.
- Bear witness to Christ’s way in daily work and in all personal contacts through words and actions.
- Engage in some definite Christian service.
The United Methodist Men’s Fellowship of the church is open to all men who are members of the church and subscribe to the National Purpose, Concerns, and Objectives of the UMM and those of the Western North Carolina Conference. All men interested in joining should come out to the one of the monthly UMM Fellowship breakfasts, usually on the 2nd Saturday @8am in the Fellowship Hall at the church.
The UMM Fellowship sponsors and supports a variety of church, community and civic programs and activities.
- Support for Men’s Choir of the church
- Annual Father’s Day Program
- Annual Labor Day Barbecue Fund Raiser
- Annual Thanksgiving Musical Program
- Donations to church and community groups